FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
343 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I think I have run in to a bug in the later firmwares of RUTX09.

If you have set a LAN ip of for instance 192.168.8.1 and then save this as profile, then when you apply the profile it defaults to LAN ip 192.168.1.1.

I have seen this behaviour for the past couple of firmwares but thought it was so obvious that it would have been caught in testing but that seems not to be the case.

As of now the anomaly is still present in RUTX_R_00.02.04.1

And it does not matter if you completely reset/clear the config of the router and set it up again, so it must be in the firmware itself.

Hope you will look in to it.

Best regards

//Per

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

it might be that you're doing it in bad order.

First of all, create a profile and then apply to it, it should reconfigure itself, but no changes during that reconfiguring will not be done, as it is just now generated profile.

Once you applied to it, you should see that the profile name on the top has appeared and is now active.

Now you should head to LAN interface and change the IP address of it. Once you've changed it and you're connected to the new LAN IP go to profiles again and try applying to the default profile. You should see that you've lost connection to your router, cause IP changed.

Hope this helps you out.

EB.
by anonymous
I thought that the "add a profile" cloned current config...? Isn´t that what it is supposed to do?

For instance... you setup your router as you want it, you add and name a profile which clones current config, then you can create a new config...  name and add it.  That´s the most intuitive way it should work. Usability wise that is...

So, You actually mean that adding a new profile creates a new default config, which you in turn have to apply, then go in to it and THEN set it up as intended?  Correct?

If that how it works it´s not especially intuitive, hence it explains why I thought it was a bug.   

Best regards

/Per
by anonymous
I will make sure to give this out as a suggestion to the responsible department.

Thank you!

EB.