FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,110 views 6 comments
by

I'm a little unclear by the description of the RUTX12. 

Two simultaneously operational LTE CAT 6 modems can provide speeds up to 600 Mbps - presumably this means the two/three WAN connections can be used depending on the rules but they cannot be combined. I stream live events and have looked at combining connections without success - I now use the RUT950 mostly as a failover as it doesn't combine WAN speeds. And as I understand it if using load balancing will only run at the lowest connection speed. 

This is all fine but before I commit to a RUTX11 I wanted to be 100% sure that the RUTX12 does't actually combine speeds, rather it just manages the connections/ WANS and balances/ switches. 

Or to put it more simply, if I have 1x wired WAN @ 20mb, 1x SIM @ 20mb and another SIM @ 20mb do I get 60mb? I expect not...

Thanks for all your help (again). 

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

RUTX12 provides an exclusive feature to load balance the traffic between two simultaneously working modems, but you cannot combine two different network speeds into one. We might add this capability in the near future, but for now, it is not possible.

EB.
by
Hi EB. Do you want to say that rutx12   doesn’t support link aggregation? That is strange to hear.
by
I want to change RUTX11 to rutx12 thinking that I can combine two cellular connections into one and get double the speed at the end.
by anonymous
If your stream is made of different running sessions - you should see an improvement when using our load balancing, as the speed and load will not be relying on only one modem. But for now, there is no option to combine the speeds of two modems into one. Feature is planned, but we cannot give any information about it right now.

EB.
by
Hi Ernestas. How than Bounding works on Rutx12? What it does with two cellular modems?
by
Hello EB. Is it possible to combine the two modems in RUTX12 now and achieve better internet speed (with two SIM cards)?
by anonymous
You will see a slight improvement in speed and stability, but it won't be anything special. Two modems on RUTX12 are mostly needed for seamless failovers between two modems and the ability to split the traffic between two SIM cards in real-time.  For combining  - Link Aggregation is mostly used, but it's not supported on our products right now.

EB.