FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
551 views 1 comments
by
Hello,

Before upgrading my RUT955 firmware, I ran the command gpsctl -e in CLI and the time was incorrect (2 hours behind). Then I upgraded firmware to the 06.05.3 version and then the time was correct. Then I upgraded it again to he 06.06.1 version and then the time when I ran "date" command in CLI was correct but the time after running the "gpsctl -e" command was incorrect. I also synced the time with gps and was still incorrect. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

gpsctl -e reports time that is received from satellites (In UTC) and does not do any further conversion to your specified time format in NTP settings. Date command however shows converted time in accordance to your currently selected time zone.
by anonymous
My gpsctl -e started returning 1h ahead after I switched the timezone in the NTP settings to my location, so obviously some conversion is being done. (My GPS Synchronization is off)