FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,532 views 2 comments
by
RUT240 (RUT2XX_R_00.01.04.1) doesn't initiate IPsec tunnel on boot. What corrects this is that I enter WebUI on LAN and disable/enable the IPsec tunnel. The problem is we will lose connection upon power cycle. Mobile network is present and functional after boot though. I have set 'On startup' action to 'Start'.

I originally created the profile and settings on firmware 1.02.6 and back then on this firmware the RUT240 WebUI wasn't accessible through VPN. This was fixed by updating to 1.04.1, but I didn't encounter a situation as described earlier, so I can't say if the problem was already present before firmware upgrade. I also tried creating a profile backup, restore to factory defaults and then restore the backup profile, but this didn't grant any fix. And, as far as I know, there's no way to cycle just the IPsec connection by SMS.

What are the suggestions in this case, or perhaps, is there a fix in upcoming firmware update?
by anonymous
Hey,

I have the same model and tunnel starts with no issues after the reboot. Share your config, please.

Thanks,

Myky

2 Answers

+3 votes
by
I once more tried resetting the device to factory defaults, and this time configuring my setup manually without restoring from backup. That seemed to do the trick, as now my IPsec tunnel connects as expected after reboot.

There were many changes in 1.04.1, and since the tunnel was created on much earlier version, every setting probably didn't migrate correctly.

Thank you all for the troubleshooting.
Best answer
0 votes
by
Hello,

Are you using keep alive in IPsec configuration?
by
Yes I do.

For keep alive host I have set the internal IP of my VPN server.