FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
651 views 0 comments
by
What is de maximum of client connections a RUT240 can handle? (it's used now with a 4G simcard hotspot)

We want a hotspot with 200+ users. Is it capable for that? I know it's a little bit of a weird question because almost never 200+ users are connected at the same time i think.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hey,

RUT240 can handle up to ~50 simultaneous connections so you would need to use multiple RUT240's

I would recommend using RUTX series routers for up to ~150 simultaneous WiFi connections: 

1. RUTX10 - if the WAN connection is wired (does not support mobile connections).
  2. RUTX11 - uses LTE Cat 6 module which provides theoretical speeds up 300Mbps.
  3. RUTX12 - uses 2x LTE Cat 6 modules and offer best throughput using dual SIM and Load Balancing between them.

Keep in mind that all devices connected to the router's access point will share data transfer speed.