FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
143 views 0 comments
by

I have a RUT240 that is set to

• Static IP address of 192.168.2.10 
  • Some mobile configurations changes
  • Auto reboot every 4 hours when the connection is lost.

My PC's LAN connection is set to DHCP.

For some reason the RUT240 changed the IP back to 192.168.1.1 and default settings, without any human intervention.

What can be the reason for that change?

• Can the service provider affect it?
  • Can the PC affect it (without human intervention)?
How can I prevent it from happening? 
Can you suggest a fall-back plan in case this happens again?
  • SMS utils command to change the RUT240 LAN IP?
  • A config file that can be reloaded using SMS utils?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hey,

I just simulated your setup myself and even after auto reboot all configuration stayed intact. Also we don't have any reported bug related to this issue. 

• Can the service provider affect it?
  • Can the PC affect it (without human intervention)?

Internet service provider and PC(without human intervention) can't affect your router behaviour like this. I suggest you check your router physical setup because it's possible that your router experienced static discharge of some sorts and resetted itself to factory default configuration.

SMS utils command to change the RUT240 LAN IP?

You can use UCI commands to change your device LAN IP by sending SMS messages as example provided below:

admin01 uci set network.lan.ipaddr=192.168.2.10

admin01 uci commit network

admin01 luci-reload

After those 3 messages your router LAN IP address should be changed to 192.168.2.10

admin01 - is your router administrator log in password

More about UCI commands: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/UCI_command_usage#UCI_set

Also I recommend to use RMS to store your backup there and reload it from here if your problem will repeat again.

Regards.