FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
627 views 4 comments
by
Are there any plans to upgrade OpenWRT Chaos Calmer (15.05.1) from March 2016 on RUT955? Or are there any restrictions regarding architecture or flash size?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Our firmware is heavily modified so more or less it is updated, but it may not hold base functionality of Chaos Calmer version. We update our OpenWRT base with new upcoming updates, but mostly they're so heavily modified that you will not find a lot of similarities.

The best case would be waiting for base changing updates like we updated RUTX devices with RUTOS, so those might come with newer versions of OpenWRT even higher than Chaos Calmer.

EB.
by

Thank you for your answer. So e.g. is it possible to install a higher version than Python 3.4?

by anonymous
You should be able to use 3.4.3. The newer versions were not tested. Please note that using Python will result in a high load for overall memory of your router.

EB.
by
So flash memory I've already expanded from USB. I have noticed that the internal micro SD card is unfortunately not suitable for this.

Or you meant the RAM will be critical as well?
by anonymous
Both RAM and FLASH I meant.

EB.