FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
478 views 5 comments
by
VPN is working for ten Minutes. 

My VPN is however with no traffic it stops and I restart the service IPSec or the router before a connection is established again.

As a message in the Fritz I get: 1 Lifetime expired / IKE-Error 0x203f
displayed.

I need a permanent connection.

Jens

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Please make sure you have "Keep Alive" option enabled on both sides. Once the tunnel clears IPSec connection is also cleared so you have to enable the keep alive function so it would detect when the other side of tunnel stops responding and restarts the service.

In RUT240 IPSec client configuration in Keep alive field write down "10 120", and make sure your fritzbox also checks on a tunnel from time to time. I did some googling for you and found out that your Fritzbox has that functionality.

by
Hi,

in my Fritzbox is the option Hold VPN permanently enabled, because in my RUT240 not found.

Where is the Keep Alive option in RUT240?

i have not found the Keep alive field.
by anonymous
You're running RUT240 as a client? Am I right?
by
Hi,

it is working! I have enabled the Dead Peer Detection ( Delay 10 / Timeout 120 )

thanks
by anonymous
Glad you were able to solve this, good luck!
by

Hi,

the VPN connection is not permanent. I have set a ping reset. the option dead peer Detection does not matter.

Does somebody still have an idea