10948 questions

13055 answers

20357 comments

27903 members

0 votes
4,541 views 14 comments
by
Hello!

I'm using Teltonika RUT955 H7V3C0 (modem: Quectel EC25E) with prepaid SIM card. What I'd like to do is track my account balance. For me, option to send USSD and receive answer would be suitable enough, I could process the repsonse then. But are there any Teltonika toolkits to send USSD codes?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by

Hello,

Yes, you can send USSD from your RUT955. For that you would need to connect to router's CLI ("Services -> CLI" menu) or SSH (e.g. using "Putty" software for windows):

• SSH/CLI login: root
  • SSH/CLI password: <your router's password>

and use the following command: "gsmctl -A 'ATD<dial_code>''", example: gsmctl -A 'ATD*1234#'

Additionally, you can enable "Mobile data limit" feature on the router (from "Network -> Mobile -> Data limit" menu), which would allow you to see used data amount, even if router was restarted (i.e. data counter would not reset even after router's restart). Once feature is enabled, you need "Limit Guard" tad would appear in "Status -> Overview" menu.

by

Hello, 

Is this new "gsmctl -U" command included in the newly released RUT2XX_R_00.01.07.1 firmware for the RUT240 router? 

Thanks.

by
Hello,

Currently no. This option will be added in the upcoming firmware releases.
by
hi. I have the same need. I have rut950 router and need to send ussd messages. Is it possible now?
by

Hello,

Yes, this is possible. Nowadays you do not even need "special firmware", any standard/base firmware release are also able to do that.

Simply use above instructions. In short:

- Connect to your router via SSH/CLI:

• SSH/CLI login: root
  • SSH/CLI password: <your router's password>
 - Then send your desired USSD command with "gsmctl -U" CLI/SSH command. Example: gsmctl -U "*100#"
 - Read the response form operator using "cat /tmp/ussd" CLI/SSH command. Take note that answer might few moments to arrive. If this response is not yet available (e.g. file is not present), simply check few moments latter.
by

Great! It really works.