FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
623 views 1 comments
by
Hi. I have Rut955. It's possible to send more  data via "Server TAVL" (there are only 5 there  f.g. :Send GSM signal
Send, analog input... ) Or customise them?
Cause I use modbus via RS485, and a would like to send data to server, over MQTT. But it do not work...,  I use "gpsgate server"  and I see in terminal that RUT955 is connected and send data(TAVL) only when GPS is aktiv. When I use"Modbus data senders" then  I see on termial that server is disconnected. Thx for help.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

As for TAVL Settings for now it is limited to what you can set up, any expansion of functionality like this is possible only using SDK, but you would have to write scripts for that yourself. Or you could contact ours sales manager, for prospects of custom firmware creation.

Could you explain what is not working in more detail? what are you reading via RS485 port, are you reading data from some other device? what is yours configuration for data sender?

Best regards,
VidasKac
0 votes
by

So I use KINCO HMI as Master with Siemens LOGO as a Slave via Ethernet communication. That works great. From the other side I connected KINCO HMI with frequency converter via RS485 (Modbus RTU) so I can Read/Wrtie. That works great to. All came thru Rut955. My goal is to send some data from PLC or HMI or general from Master, for e.g intiger or string to my gpsgate server. Rut955 send data to server in JSON, my server read Java, (there can use perhaps "parse"). I can C++.  I'm sure  I need to write some script in  gpsgate server to start to read data from RUT955- but for that I need time to menage that.

Configuration for data sender: Enabled, Protocol MQTT, Segment count 1,I set same URL like for GPS, period 60s,  Data filtering IP,  thats all. 

Can I use CLI as terminal to see which kind of data come out from Router in real time? Or maybe Rut955 have free to use modbus register(R/W)? 

Thx.

by anonymous

Hello,

Configuration for data sender: Enabled, Protocol MQTT, Segment count 1,I set same URL like for GPS, period 60s,  Data filtering IP,  thats all. 

> You will need a MQTT Broker for it as Mosquitto (integrated on RUT955 or on your server)

> On Server Side, you can use MQTT.fx to suscribe to topic and read data

Can I use CLI as terminal to see which kind of data come out from Router in real time? 

> Either MQTT.fx software if you use MQTT Protocol, either Hercules software to read HTTP data if you use HTTP

Or maybe Rut955 have free to use modbus register(R/W)? 

> Enable Custom Register Block on Modbus Slave on RUT955 and you will define a Register block R/W on Modbus RTU / Modbus TCP