FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
312 views 1 comments
by anonymous
We are using multiple RUT955 (RUT955 T033C0, Batch No. 053) with the latest FW RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1

We have trouble with the following user profile related issues:

a. the most severe is that a user profile which is created via System > Profiles > Add does not contain the network settings as of the time of the creation of the new profile. If a new profile is created and applied, all network settings of the router are reset to the factory defaults, i.e. one LAN 192.168.1.1, no aliases etc. This issue is reproducible;

b. Furthermore the time/date of the creation/update of the default profile which can be found in the list of profiles in System > Profiles never gets updated even so the User's Default Configuration is updated via System > Administration > Backup. However the default profile itselfs is saved correctly (in contrary to issue (a) above). This issue is reproducible.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

a.       We cannot name it as issue, because it is normal behavior when new Profile is created.  Every new profile will have factory default settings. Only the password of the router is transferred to the new configuration. So, it actually means that adding a new profile creates a new default config, that you in turn have to APPLY, then go in to it and then set it as you intended.

b.       The date/time displayed on the Configuration Profiles page represents only the time stamp when the profile was created. It does not change when the profile is adjusted or updated. This may change in the future. I will make sure to give this out as a suggestion to the responsible department.

BR.
by anonymous
> We cannot name it as issue, because it is normal behavior when new Profile is created.  Every new profile will have factory default settings.

Oh, thank a lot for this clarification, then I made a wrong assumtion regarding how it would work...

Profiles is a great feature of Teltonika devices and we are going to use it the way you described here.