FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
360 views 4 comments
by

I have updated the firmware on my RUT955 to RUT9XX_T_F2202_00.06.06.112 as per the response to this question. Unfortunately it appears that there is still an issue because with GPS sync enabled the time is set one hour fast (timezone is 'Pacific/Auckland'; current time 18:00 router time with GPS sync 19:00). Setting the time via NTP works fine.

I would like GPS time sync as a backup because the areas we deploy these units often have an intermittent cellular connectivity and we run custom software on the device which will continue to log data whilst the device is offline (so using GPS seems a good option in the absence of a battery backup for the clock just in case there is a power outage).

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Matt.

What firmware are you currently using?

I could not reproduce the problem you described, I tested with the firmware version RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1. Try to use this firmware version.

Regards!

by

Hi Igor,

As stated in the previous message I am running RUT9XX_T_F2202_00.06.06.112.

I upgraded to that firmware from RUT9XX_T_F2202_00.06.1 because that version appears to ignore the time-zone and set the clock as if it was UTC (so 12 hours out in my case - this is as per the previous case so should be a known issue?).

Matt

by anonymous
Yes, you are right, I will report it to the RnD department and I will let you know when there is news about this.

Regards, Igor.
by anonymous

Hi Matt.

This firmware should fix the issue.

I'm waiting for the feedback.

Regards.

by
Thanks - this appears to work (however it's difficult to be sure because daylight savings has started here and we are now at GMT+13).

Note: After upgrading to this firmware I had to power cycle the router in order to regain access (had the same issue with RUT9XX_T_F2202_00.06.06.112). I trust that this is only a problem with unreleased firmware.