FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
852 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hi,
I use a few RUT850 and activated the sleep mode for low battery or "ignition off" I wanted now add a cronjob to wake it up periodicly to update/send the current location and get back in sleep mode. Someone already asked for such function and got the answer that it would be not possible - so I am wondering about - for what is the sleep mode, when the device anyway can`t wake up? It consumes power of nothing?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Sleep mode is function that automatically puts the router into standby mode after a user specified delay. One of the main purpose of sleep mode is to lower power consumption. You can look up RUT850 power consumption parameters in various states here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT850_Power_Consumption

Regards.
by anonymous
Of course in sleep mode the device consumes "less" power.
But for what? If it not do anything and not possible to wake up (exept with power/energy)?
Why not turn it off - it will consume NO power...
by anonymous
You definitely can plug router's power of and on manually. Sleep mode is a feature designed for user convenience for this reason. It uses as little power as possible and starts router services once certain condition is met (for example vehicle ignition).
by anonymous
Can you say what causes power consumption? Which functions stay active?
There are conditions exept vehicle ignition, which start the router?
by anonymous

While router is in sleep mode, there is only one service active which is responsible to react when one of the conditions is met to wake router up. Right now there are 3 sleep conditions:

• Ignition
  • Voltage
  • Ignition & Voltage

by anonymous
Ok, I can set the voltage-limit by software so there most likely should be a software solution which react on passing the limit and wake up the system?! If so the CPU seem to be active still and if there just one service in "runlevel sleep" it can be possible add another service?
by anonymous
Right now RUT850 devices works only this way. For additional functionality please contact your Teltonika sales manager.

Regards.