FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
245 views 0 comments
by anonymous
I have a RUT240 configured with a single WAN 4G connection.  The SINR varies between 8-13 and is fairly stable although the connection drops a couple of times a day.  I am not using wifi, no load balancing, no additional plugins, no VPN however I am using an L2TP tunnel to mitigate 4G packet loss with my operator (three.co.uk). Firmware is RUT2XX_R_00.01.12.2

When the modem first connects, iperf3 measures my data throughput at ~30Mbit/s, after a few hours this drops to ~17Mbit/s. If I reboot the modem after reconnection I still get 15Mbit/s however if I reboot the RUT240 I initially get 30Mbit/s and the cycle repeats.  I measure the throughput between a PC, connected to my ERX router, and a DigitalOcean VPS.

This makes me think the decline is not due to the 4G network or my L2TP tunnel but something within the RUT240. Using SSH, the 'top' command indicates the CPU is 95% idle (with no webui connections).

Do you have any thoughts want might be causing the drop?

Let me know if the troubleshooting file would help.  Thanks for your help.

Paul

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello Paul!

Yes, could you send the troubleshoot file to me in PM.

BR

Aliaksandr