FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
543 views 9 comments
by
Hi support team,

i have some issues with the 2.5 wifi network.

The RUTX11 has been installed un QuMax box with n.2 wifi antennas and has been updated to the firmware version

The WiFi signal is very unstable and sometimes it disappears for few seconds and then go up again (several times per hour).

What can i check?

Thank you

Ernesto

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

First of all, we released a new firmware version yesterday - RUTX_R_00.02.05.1. Have you installed it already?

Regarding your issue, there are a lot of factors that can affect WiFI connectivity:

• Antennas could be loose (please check if they are attached firmly);
  • Signal sharing (some devices near the router could use the same signal frequency);
  • Network range and distance between devices;
  • Physical obstructions;

I suggest to try changing the WiFI channel and country code selection. You can do that by navigating WebUI > Network > Wireless:

Regards.

Best answer
by
Thank you for immediate reply. I already tried to change both channels and/or frequency with no results.

I will install the new firmware asap.

One more question: does it make sense to locate the two antennas in two different area ? (for example: one inside and one outside the home) in order to have a larger covered area ?

Thank you

Ernesto
by
I installed the new firmware right now. I suppose there is a bug becouse there is no way to access the Network-Wireless section (empy page)

KR

Ernesto
by anonymous
Hello, I just checked myself and everything seems fine with the latest firmware. Maybe something went wrong and you should reinstall it. And yes it is logical to put your antennas in different areas. But now I understood that your antennas are with longer wire?
by

When i press STATUS-NETWORK-WIRELESS i get

500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, the server encountered an unexpected error.

/usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/status/wireless.lua:11: attempt to compare number with nil
stack traceback:
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/status/wireless.lua:11: in function 'func'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/cbi.lua:72: in function 'load'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:1144: in function '_form'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:1516: in function 'dispatch'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:538: in function 

by anonymous
I see, only firmware reinstall or restoring your router to factory default will solve this error.
by
How can i reinstall the firmware ?

no way to do the factory reset, the RUTX11 is 100km far away
by anonymous
Download firmware image from here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX11_Firmware_Downloads

Navigate System > Firmware and select upgrade from file option.
by
i tried to reinstall the last firmware version but the bug still exist

i reinstalled the previous version of the firmware but... disaster !  i'have lost al the configuration

no way to resume unless to drive 200km ...
by anonymous
It is really unusual issue. I just tried to install and reinstall 2.5.1 firmware to all my RUTX devices, and all of the times everything, included wifi page is working.
0 votes
by
Thank you for immediate reply. I already tried to change both channels and/or frequency with no results.

I will install the new firmware asap.

One more question: does it make sense to locate the two antennas in two different area ? (for example: one inside and one outside the home) in order to have a larger covered area ?

Thank you

Ernesto