FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
550 views 5 comments
by

by

I have it working with one Mobile unit!

I need a solution that makes it possible to have 2 Mobile units at the same location (inside the blue dashed line).

Do i need to add hardware?

How shall i config my setup to get  it up and running?

Kind regards

Ulf

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you elaborate more on the solution you seek? And what does it have to do with using UDP? UDP is communications protocol, that is fully supported by RUTX08 so if yours devices will communicate in using it, there is no problem at all. 

Please provide more information on yours topology, because right now RUTX08 are portrayed to have two IPs, LAN and WAN, in same subnet, and I assume you made a mistake drawing topology since Mobile Unit IP is shown as 192.168.2.101.

Either way you cannot have RUTX08 with WAN and LAN IPs on same subnet. 

If you want mobile units to have static IP of 192.168.10.101 and be interchangeable between locations and one another (assuming you are using only one Mobile unit per location) bellow is network configuration that should work, but please correct me if I misunderstood yours solution:

Siemens PLC IP: 192.168.11.2
RUTX08 nr1 WAN IP*: 192.168.11.91
RUTX08 nr2 WAN IP*: 192.168.11.92
*Assuming that RUTX08 connected to Siemens PLC via WAN port

NAT (masquerading) on RUTX08 nr1 & nr2 is ON

RUTX08 nr1 & nr2 LAN IP: 192.168.10.100
Mobile unit IP: 192.168.10.101

In this kind of of setup would let Mobile units send data to Siemens PLC.
If you want Siemens plc to be able to send data/connect to Mobile units you will need to set up Port forwarding.

Best regards,
VidasKac

by

Hello!

I made a misstake!

Here are uppdated images.

I need to be able to use 2 mobile units at the same time.

Kind regards

Ulf

by anonymous

Hello,

"I need to be able to use 2 mobile units at the same time."

But I assume that 2 mobile units will be in different locations right? (1 unit per location)

If yes then this kind of setup/topology should work, bus as I said if you want Siemens PLC to reach Mobile units, and not only for Mobile Units to send information to PLC you will need to configure port forwarding.

Or did you already do this configuration and are facing some issues?

Best regards,
Vidas.

by

I have it working with one Mobile unit!

I need a solution that makes it possible to have 2 Mobile units at the same location (inside the blue dashed line).

Do I need to add hardware?

Do I need to change IP setup?

How shall I config my setup to get  it up and running?

Kind regards

Ulf

by anonymous
Could you provide more information on what is not working?

Any error messages?

Does mobile unit only works from one RUTX08 or ir does not matter which RUTX08 it is connected, as long as only one Mobile Unit is connected?