FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
951 views 14 comments
by
Hi,

1. when I set RUTX09's modem to bridge mode and modem is still not connected, end device would get local IP from rutx09 - this, of course, would not change immediately once modem is connected, so I either need to wait until dhcp lease expires or manually restart wan interface of end device. When I disable DHCP on rutx09, I would not get ANY IP on end device. Workaround seems to be to leave dhcp enabled, set start ip "1", limit "1", so it'll have both start/end ip address both 192.168.1.1 in DHCP settings on lan interface - in this case, my end device wan interface only receives IP from ISP once modem is connected. I don't have to remind here that with local IP in bridge mode, internet connection does not work. Similiar behaviour is with passthrough mode with exception that when I get local IP, once modem is connected, internet connectivity works as it does NAT.

2. In passthrough mode (which is the one I'd like to use to have internet connectivity to check/update firmware of system/modem, when I get IP from ISP, my upload is cca 40mbit/s, when I receive local IP (when modem is not connected yet), my upload is about twice lower = 20mbit/s, can you explain what's happening there?

Thank you.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Which firmware version are you using? I could not recreate the issue with latest firmware version of 2.5.1.

Also, maybe it would be possible for you to to connect to the router and download troubleshoot file maybe from it we could see what is causing the issue.

As for second point, how are you measuring yours upload speeds if modem is not connected yet, or do you mean passthrough mode, when router is actually connected, but yours PC is receiving LAN IP?
by
1. I'm using the latest firmware - RUTX_R_00.02.05.1 and modem firmware EG06ELAR04A04M4G. I can provide logs, but instruct me how to - should I reproduce the issue at first and then send you logs?

2. The latter is true, first measurement is in passthrough mode with ISP IP on end device, second measurement is LAN IP on end device (NAT even in passthrough mode), modem is connected of course - I can get the local IP automatically when mode is restarting/not yet connected or manually.
by anonymous

Hi,

It will only take couple of minutes. 

• Simply repeat steps where yours PC is receiving LAN IP even though modem is already up.
  • If you are receiving LAN IP you should not need to set up static IP which usually is required to connect to router in Bridge/Passthrough modes.
  • Connect to router WebUI, navigate to System > Administration > Troubleshoot tab and download the file from there.

After that is done you can resume yours normal operation

2. do you have any kind QoS rules set up in System > QoS tab that might apply? also does decrease in upload speed also applies if you have NAT configuration instead of Bridge/Passthrough on yours Mobile interface?

Best regards,
VidasKac.

by
"Simply repeat steps where yours PC is receiving LAN IP even though modem is already up." - This won't work, I can get LAN IP in bridge mode only when modem is not yet connected - e.g. after restart of rutx09. The issue here is that DHCP should not work in bridge mode at all to assign LAN IP and when that happens, it seems like I have connectivity - rutx09 modem is up, so is the link between end device (set to dhcp to receive ISP IP), but connectivity is dead as in bridge mode, NAT does not.

"do you have any kind QoS rules set up in System > QoS tab that might apply? also does decrease in upload speed also applies if you have NAT configuration instead of Bridge/Passthrough on yours Mobile interface?" - No QoS in Services -> QoS (I don't have QoS option in System); Yes, my upload speed decreases too with normal NAT.

Also, there's this weird thing when I set WAN's DNS (to check updates in nat/passthrough mode), that it connects to ISP DNS instead of custom DNS I set in WAN interface properties (LAN DNS is not set at all).
by anonymous
You do not need internet connection to download Troubleshoot file, you only need to be connected to router via LAN, and I do understand that DHCP should not be working, at this kind of situation, but that is precisely why I am asking you to get TS file from router, so we could investigate where the issue is. Without it its just blind guessing.

Best regards,
VidasKac.
by
I got the troubleshoot file after restarting router - bridge mode, dhcp turned on range 192.168.1.2 - on end device I received this private IP, which should not happen as dhcp server should be disabled in bridge mode (I also tried to turn off dhcp server, but then I wouldn't get any IP from ISP on end device as provided above). Where should I send it?
by anonymous
Hello,

Send it to me via PM

Thank you.
by anonymous
I sent PM to you with attachment.
0 votes
by anonymous
I have seen this problem to and did send a support file to Ernestas some time ago, no response yet.

Thanks
by anonymous
I sent this to VidasKac on Friday, waiting for the fix. However as stated above, I was able to mitigate the problem by setting local range of dhcp to 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.1 with limit of 1 - this is already taken by rutx09, so it won't assign any IP to connected device on LAN except ISP IP once modem is connected. The whole issue is that dhcp server needs to be disabled in bridge mode, it's no wizardry.
by anonymous
Thanks , so with DHCP to max one you can use bridge / pass with out drops etc ?
by anonymous
Hi, I've relayed information to RnD and waiting for their response, and Mondays are quite busy (after the weekend) so I am not confident that it will happen today.

And you are correct about DHCP server in Bridge mode, but since it is also connected to Passthrough mode, where DHCP should be active solution might not be as simple.
by anonymous
VidasKac, also would it be possible to add modem firmware download to device wiki page (e.g. https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX09_Firmware_Downloads) so I don't need to change bridge mode to either passthrough or NAT to check whether there's new one?

Thanks.
by anonymous
djesko, I believe it could work with passthrough mode too IF you use ISP IP on connected device (NOT LAN).
by
Let's wait for the update,
by
Any FW update or R&D status to share ?