FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
251 views 3 comments
by

Hi to all,

I'm using a Teltonika product for the first time.

I plugged in a SIM card in the RUT850, connected antennas, and powered up with the Teltonika 9W power supply.

I was able to connect to the Internet straight away.

However after one hour-two hours the Wi-Fi network disappears, and all the lights on the router are off.

If I disconnect the 4 pin jack and reconnect, it powers up again.

Firmware is RUT850_R_00.00.288

Sleep mode is off.

Any advice?

Niccolo

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

You have pretty old firmware installed on your device. Please update it to the latest one and then see if that changes anything.

EB.
by

Hi,

thank you for your feedback. I updated to the latest version and now I have a different problem.

The lights and Wi-Fi stay on but the 4G connection is periodically lost.

When I logged in to user interface, the modem was in an undefined status. Below some screenshots.

However when I clicked "Restart modem" button, the connection resumed.

I have set up watchdog to restart modem when pings timeout, however seem a band aid.

Is there any known issue with these unit? Did I get an early hardware version since it has a FW from 2018? I just bought last week.

Perhaps the 9W power supply (9V @ 1.0A) is not powerful enough?

With regards

Niccolo Gallarati

by anonymous
Hi,

I will try to consult RnD about these issues you're facing in the last comment, but how about the random shutting down issue? Is it still happening?

EB.
by
So far it didn't happen anymore for the last 24 hours, will continue testing

Thank you for your time

Niccolo