FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,733 views 3 comments
by
Hi there,

I've got a problem configuring my router RUT955. After rebooting the router or power off/on, it does not reconnect over the RS232 interface(Serial Type: Over IP) or does not transmit serial data at all. As I'm using the router in places with a timed power source it's not convenient if the router has to be connected to the PC all the time. Is there a solution to this?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

After rebooting the router or power off/on, it does not reconnect over the RS232 interface(Serial Type: Over IP) or does not transmit serial data at all.

What did you do to start it working?

Could you add screenshot from your RS232 configuration window? And which FW version your router use?

by

After Reboot the connection was lost. As soon as we changed something in the configuration of the RS232 (like echo on/off) and saved it it worked fine again until the next power off. 

Current FW Version is 00.05.02.6. We tried upgrading it to the latest FW Version (00.05.06 I think) but the mobile communication was not stable afterwards. So we went back to the current FW Version used.

For the Mobile Config we only set up the APN as we use industrial SIM Cards (No PIN) for this test.

This is the current configuration of the RS232 interface. We simply want to send the Serial Data Over IP to our Server via TCP Port 80. In our application it does not matter if we allow any IP Addresses over other interfaces like LAN so we left that part empty (this was tested too).

Lastly an overview of the router. Thanks for the reply.

by anonymous
Upgrade router to latest release:

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT9xx_Firmware

DO NOT keep settings when upgrading!

Some notes:

In RS configuration set  "Reconnect intervals (s): 30". Also, have you changed router WebUI port to another one? Because default router WebUI port is 80 and you have set in RS configuration also 80 port.
by

I did the update to RUT955_R_00.05.03.3 without keeping the settings and then configured the router again. "Reconnect intervals(s)" and WebUI Ports have been set as well as described. On the first try it would work but as soon as I cut off the power or do a reboot the RS232 communication is cut off and the serial OverIP feature is not working as well. Somehow the router loses the configuration settings or does not have the feature to reinitiate connection... 

Btw what is the use of an SD Card slot?