FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
270 views 5 comments
by

I have setup the router correctly. I have a DVR behind the router.
When i portforward and restrict access to my current IP adress i can access my DVR. But when i change the rule to allow access based on MAC it wont work. I use the same device (my phone) to access the DVR. im 100% sure the MAC adres i use is correct.

What am i doing wrong ?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Are you really (really) sure that the MAC is correct? Androids and iPhones these days have a feature to change their MAC address to change once in a while for security reasons. Also, are you connecting through WiFi or through an external network (mobile)?

EB.
0 votes
by
I have 2 rules : 1 on my Home IP and 1 on my MAC

When i try to connect trough wifi it works. When i then try to connect trough 4G it wont work.
I use the MAC my phone info is currently displaying.

i also tried my current 4g IP and that also works. (changed IP rule)

Maybe something corrupted ? Should i do a full factory reset ?
by anonymous
It might be that your WiFi MAC and Mobile MAC are different. So please do some research on how to find both of those and try changing your firewall rule according to that.

EB.
by
As far as i know a phone only has one MAC adress. When u connect trough 4g your phone MAC is reported. I`m not sure how it s with your home connection, Is your modem MAC reported or your PC MAC ?
by anonymous
Could please tell me the model of your phone?

EB.
by
Im using a Samsung S6 but i have tried it with 2 different I-phones and a Samsung S9.
Mostly different providers. All with no success, but trough wifi they connect.
For now i have limited it to the office IP that should work for now till we get it back.
It is going back in the field for a couple of weeks. After that i will try a factory reset and start completely fresh.

Ill reply here if that will fix it. Thank u for your help
by anonymous
Alright,

Please let me know how it goes. I will try to find as much information as possible so you could have more than one option to test later.

EB.