FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
334 views 3 comments
by
Hi,

We have a site with an ethernet router that has a RUTX12 plugged into its WAN interface.  The RUTX12 has two sim cards and is setup to load balance.  This works perfectly except the client is getting issues when trying to download media content (Sky HD on-demand).  If we disable one of the Sim Interfaces in the RUT12 it works, if we disable the other Sim interfrace it works.  It just doesnt work when both are enabled and in load balacing mode.  Im guessing that the service is tracking the WAN IP and if it changes then its denying access to the content.  Is there anything we can do to force this traffic to only use one interface, rather than both?

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

You're right. If there some verifying on another end that checks if the network is the same when sending a file or some kind of value - it mostly will decline your connection.

It mostly happens to peer-to-peer connections.

If you're interested in policy routing you can set it up like instructed here:

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/23917/rutx12-problem-policy-routes?show=23917#q23917

This way you will be able to manage conflicting traffic through one interface only.

EB.
by
That would work but i dont know the type of traffic or IP destination and both of these are likely to change.

I can setup the ethernet router to do 1:1 NAT for the devices that are not working and then is it possible to route traffic from these IP address to only use one connection rather than both?
by anonymous
You could route traffic depending on ports too. You don't need any complex configurations in this scenario. Or just give those devices that use those services another DHCP pool through VLAN, which would cause them to go all through one SIM card only.

EB.
by
So how would I let all traffic in the range 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.200 load balance on both Sims.  Traffic that comes from 192.168.1.201 to 192.168.1.210 to go out through only one sim?