FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
350 views 1 comments
by
Hi,

Currently i am using SIM 1 as Primary and Sim 2 as Secondary for testing

The failover configuration is success when SIM 1 down, SIM 2 is up as a backup. But i wont revert back SIM 1 as Main connection after SIM 1 is online again

Need help on this

thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

As RUTX09 uses only one modem for both SIM cards, when the SIM switch happens - SIM1 is swapped into SIM2, SIM1 stays offline and won't do any connection checks as SIM2 is the primary one right now. As it is only one modem router - it will have no way to check if SIM1 has data connection or a network available and for the check to happen - SIM2 would need to go down for SIM1 to get up (and that does not guarantee that SIM1 works).

So going back to SIM1 is kind of impossible when SIM1 is not active and there is no way to check it. The only option is possible is to force SIM2 to switch to SIM1 once SIM2 goes down.

If you wish to use both SIM cards and have them both active at the same time you will need to have RUTX12.

EB.
Best answer
by
Hi

thanks for the information. now i know why i havent manage to do failover via sim 1 & 2 due to limitation device

thank you so much