FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
286 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi folks,

Is there any reason why the RUTX11 router does not have the same functionality that is available on the RUT955 to switch back to the primary SIM after a timeout?

I'm running the latest firmware RUTX_R_00.02.05.1 and cannot see that functionality in the system.

I want to be able to configure the device to run off the primary SIM unless certain connectivity issues occur, then switch across to the second SIM (I can see how to configure that). But I don't want the device to continue running on the secondary SIM for ever (or at least until I reboot the router), but rather switch back after a time period.

Is there a possibility to get this functionality in the RUTX11?

Thanks,

Danny.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your catch that this feature is missing on our RUTX devices. I have forwarded this issue to our RnD department and will inform you if we can get this feature on RUTX devices too.

Best regards.
by anonymous

I support the suggestion to have a time-based interval switch back feature.

I also suggest adding SIM Switch as a triggering event in Events reporting

gph's suggestion would be automatic, but there might be situations when a switch back never occurs (e.g. SIM blocked). Adding the feature to have SIM Switch triggering an event report to be sent would alert the admin, and enable troubleshooting and (possibly) manually switching back (or replacing the SIM card triggering the SIM switch).

#feature-request