FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
481 views 2 comments
by
Hi, in wich way I can perform the (Re)register command via sms? If it is not possible in wich way can I send this command remotely to the modem?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

You cannot re-register to the operator using SMS command, but you could reboot the router via SMS message which will result in re-registering action to the operator. To do that you need to send an SMS message to your router number. For example: yourrouterpasword reboot.

Another way to perform re-register action is by using SSH commands:

/etc/init.d/modem restart

or

/usr/sbin/gsmctl -A AT+COPS=2

/etc/init.d/gsmd restart

Regards.

by
Thanks for your reply. For a strange reason the reboot didn't solve the problem (lost of data connection, State: Registered; Data connection: Disconnected), instead the (Re)register action did it. So for the future I can't solve the problem remotely because the reboot via sms can't solve it and I can't send ssh command because of no data connection? The modem is working in Spain and the sim operator is Movistar.
by anonymous
Hello,

Connection issues like this are unusual and a reboot should solve it. Basically, reboot action results in modem reboot which means that it will try to (re)register to the operator. I would like to ask which firmware version you are using and have you set manual APN settings?

Regards.