FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
578 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi all,

I am quite new to Teltonika world and I am trying to study a bit RutOS as I am planning to work extensively in the future. In terms of documentation, may I assume that is fairly similar to OpenWRT and that the documentation from Openwrt is still valid and applicable? If not can you point me to some documentation related to RutOS? I need to understand the differences in terms of design, build system and so on.

Thanks,

Simon

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hi,

Yes, it's pretty much all the same with OpenWRT, except the packages, some of the packages may not work or could not be found in opkg list because of openwrt versions. So everytime you try to install anything check the version. RUT2 and RUT9 should support everything until Chaos Calmer version, and RUTX and TRB devices should be up to date to use anything. Regarding documentation of configuration and other changes that can be done on OpenWRT - they will also be possible to be done on RutOS.

EB.