FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
986 views 2 comments
by
I would like to publish GPS coordinates directly to an mqtt broker. Is this somehow possible?

I have a RUTX11 that is working with the broker already, I can request the status from the router no problem, there just does not seem to be an option to request the coordinates?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

MQTT on RUTX11 is available though the data you can request from it is this: Monitoring via MQTT - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)

But as a work around you can try using Modbus protocol and sending the data to server via MQTT. 

Here are some useful links: 
Monitoring via Modbus - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)
RUTX11 Modbus - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)
RUTX11 Data to Server - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika Networks (teltonika-networks.com)

I hope it helps

Regards,
Jerome

by
Hey Jerome,

Thanks for the input, I will start testing with this and certainly see some posibility here to do what I want to do. However, is it possible to log a feature request to have gps data directly available through MQTT like the other simple parameters, makes for a smaller learning curve for newbies like me.
by anonymous
Hello,

For those kind of request it is best to contact your sales account manager and communicate such request for additional development.

Regards,
Jerome