FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
78 views 0 comments
by
Hi all,

I'm completely newbie, and didn't find answer to my very simple question.

I want to use a RUT240 to give access to internet to another device, let's call it SMC. The SMC has to be able to send emails. And the SMC displays a webpage, at the fixed IP address 192.168.10.34. I want to have access to this webpage from the outside, via the web.

So I put the RUT240 in static IP, with 192.168.10.1, linked to the SMC via the lan port. I create a device access in the RMS, and I get a link. But clicking on this link always give me this message : "An error has occured while trying to browse through the proxy.
Failed to connect to device. Possible problems are that the server was not found, the connection timed out, or the connection refused by the host. Try connecting again and check if the address is correct."

I think it's the simpliest way to use a router, but I can't find my error.

Oli

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

If you have some kind of service that has GUI running in your LAN side, with RMS it's enough to specify the IP of that device and the port that the service is running on. This way RMS should open up the page with your service GUI.

If you wish to do it without RMS, public IP would be required for such configuration.

EB.