FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
547 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi

I feel that if I forget to log out of the CLI, I get 'locked out' and the RUT955 start page with the admin logon is not reachable any more  However, after many hours (next day?) it is again reachable. Of course I have tried to power off etc. It happened with the old firmware (nov 2019) and the newest which I downloaded.

This first happened when I started to use two SIM cards and did manual switching as to which should be the primary one. But this may be a coincidence.

Any clue? Regards Haakon

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 
Regarding the issue, you are having may I know how are you able to reach the devices?
Do the said sim cards is having Public IP addresses? Have you tried updating the firmware of the device without keeping the settings
Or maybe you have tried too many attempts logging in via CLI and failed to do so that is why your IP address will be blocked. 

Try checking in System > Administration > Access Control > Safety 
RUT955 Administration - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Let me know the results

Regards,
Jerome

by
  • The logon screen comes magically back after a long time, many hours (or the day after). Then I can again reach the device. So when I uploaded the new firmware, I did it via the GUI/firmware section, connected via wi-fi.
  • The SIM cards are 'normal' cards, no fixed IP addresses (but from two different 4G networks)
  • Once when the logon screen 'woke up again' it had booted all the way back so I had to use the default password (admin01)
  • I am now testing if I can log on, but it seems that as long as I try to log on, it will keep the locked condition. So now, over a couple of days I will let it stand untouched, and will se afterwards if it has woken up.
  • Btw, my application (external controller) also uses the serial interface to log on to the CLI. It may have happened that this external controller has tried to log on to the CLI when it was already logged on. May this cause problems?
  • The router function (i.e. connection between 4G and wifi/ethernet works even if the RUT955 is locked as described above.

Best regards Haakon

by anonymous

Hello, 

Would you be able to get the device and check it's performance. If it is always resetting to the default factory password there may be something wrong with the device we could say as of now. So my suggestion is to update the device via bootloader and monitor if it keeps resetting.

To enter the bootloader menu you can follow the steps mentioned on this link: RUT955 Device Recovery Options - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

For the latest firmware available on RUT955 you can refer to this link: RUT955 Firmware Downloads - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Let me know the result :) 

Regards,

Jerome

by
Hi again, sorry to bother you at such length.

My RUT955 does not behave at all as is written in the wiki when I try to enter the boot loader. I have tried many times, every time the result is as follows: When I hold the reset button and plug the power, all LAN leds start flashing at ab 1Hz. When I release the reset button after ab 4 secs, the leds goes out. However, they come on again later at ab 10-15 seconds interval and continues on and off like that. No response on my Firefox in private mode with fixed IP of 192.168.1.2 connected to LAN1. It seems like it is in a 'special mode', because if I press the reset just for 1 sec, it resets back into the same 'special mode'. If I power off it will come back fully operational but with a still unreachable logon page.

Details of my device: RUT955T03020, Serial 1104552171, BATCH NO 069, IMEI 865546040758431, LAN MAC 001E4225967C SSID RUT955_967E, Wifi pw g6N3WyQh

Maybe this is a very early device? Purchased from the Norwegian branch of 'Dustin' in November 2019

Best regards, Haakon
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you verify this from your side:

1. Every time you configure the device it resets to the default settings (password and configuration is lost)
2. Bootloader menu is not working properly like what is indicated in the wiki instruction.
3. Web UI is non-responsive at random times taking hours/days before it will give access again.
4. Tried Firmware update and downgrade still same results.

If those things are all correct I suggest sending for RMA. You can try requesting it from where you bought it or contact the sales manager that is assigned in your region.

Regards,
Jerome