FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
225 views 0 comments
by

Hi

is there chance to get RS485 working with RUTX12 ?

I know the device doesn't support RS485 its own but I hope maybe there is any USB-RS485 adapter supported by RUTX or hidden internal ports.

The problem I'm solving is water level detection with 5 sensors which might be RS486 or NPN/PNP. Currently, I'm considering LAN adapter with Elfin-EE11 TCP/IP. Maybe someone or Teltonika could suggest a better solution ?

btw. I'm aware of RUT995 but that one doesn't have dual 3G like RUTX12.

Thanks

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding the solution you want to achieve as default, there are no serial interfaces (RS232 and RS485) supported by RUTX12. But there is one feature on our device that is possible to do with USB to Serial. You can find information on this link: RUTX12 USB Tools - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

But relating it to the scenario you want to achieve the best thing to do is use that RS485 to TCP converter. In regards to communicating with 5 sensors on 1 LAN port, we didn't have a test case for it. So my suggestion is to actually test it to see if it will work or not.

Regards,
Jerome