FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
1,258 views 1 comments
by

Dear Teltonika Support and Community,

I want to configure my RUT240 router in the Services -> SMS Utilities in that way that when I send a status request via SMS then the router sends back its status SMS to anoter phone number than the one I sent the request from. I found "Send status SMS to other number" option on Teltonika Wiki:

BUT unfortunately this option does not show up on my router's admin page:

It is a brand new router with default settings and with the latest firmware version. Do you have any idea why is this option not present? Thank in advance for your answers.

Details:

Router model Teltonika RUT240 LTE
Firmware version RUT2XX_R_00.01.04.1
Kernel version 3.18.44
Bootloader version 2.0.1

1 Answer

+2 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

"Send status SMS to other number" feature is not available in RUT2XX models. Thank you for your remarks, it helps us to improve and provide better service. We will rectify Wiki page or add corresponding feature to the latter RUT2XX firmware releases.

However, you can add "Send status SMS to other number" feature by editing SMS Utilities configuration file. To accomplish this task follow these steps:

1. Login to the router via ssh. More info on that here.
  2. Open SMS Utilities configuration file with a text editor by typing in the cli: vi /etc/config/sms_utils
  3. Navigate to the "send status' config rule section and add to the corresponding section the following lines: 
    1. option to_other_phone '1'
    2. list to_number '+MobileNumber'
  4. To save SMS Utilities configuration file press "Etc", then enter ":x" and press "Enter"
  5. Reload WebUI with luci-reload command.

Correct configuration should look something like this:

config rule
        option action 'send_status'
        option enabled '1'
        option smstext 'status'
        option authorisation 'password'
        option allowed_phone 'all'
        option to_other_phone '1'
        list to_number '+XXXXXXXXXXX'
        option message 'Router name - %rn; WAN IP - %wi; Data Connection state - %cs; Connection type - %ct; Signal Strength - %ss; New FW available - %fs;

Best answer
by
I really appreciate your quick answer. Thanks a lot. It really works!