FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
321 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hi, 

I'm on the latest firmware - RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.4. I keep getting disconnected from the mobile network which then re-connects straight after. I am predominantly using the router to game online so I need a steady connection. I live in an area not covered by fibre so this is my best option but the connection drop is really making me regret my choice in this unit! The network provider is Vodafone and I have no issues using the sim card in their provided mobile hotspot unit. 

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening? I have downloaded the troubleshoot file if someone can have a look at this for me. 

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you please confirm if you are using the both mobile antennas provided. It is recommended to use both the mobile antennas and further you could also check signals strength related info here :

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Mobile_Signal_Strength_Recommendations.

If you are having a good strength as in the above link kindly provide a troubleshoot file in DM . So that i can check .

Keep the device turned on minimum for 10-15 before  downloading troubleshoot file.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ahmed
by anonymous
Thank you for the response.

Upon looking at the signal strength recommendations, it turns out I am mostly in the 'fair' range. So I assume once I find a better position for this the data drops should stop?

Although, that brings me to another point. When I first received it I went 2 weeks with absolutely no issues with connection loss/restarts. Positioning of the router has not changed at all. Not sure if this has any relevance?

Thanks!
by anonymous
Hello,

As you are receiving fair signals so there could be drop outs.

Try to change the location of the device where it is receiving good or excellent signal strength , if issue persists even after the good or excellent signal strength kindly revert back to us.

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Ahmed.