FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
232 views 0 comments
by
I use Sierra 4G Sim provided by Air Advantage company. This kind of SIM allows to connect to several operators in the same country regarding rssi quality.

I inserted two Sierra  SIM with custom APN internet.swir but i only have 3G connection instead of 4G. These Sims work well with Sicom modem  in 4G mode.

Do i need to change something on my router to support 4G .

For information fimware RUTX_R_00.02.05.2 / modem firmware EG06ELAR03A05M4G

Regards

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

First of all go to System > Firmware > Update firmware and update your modems to EG06ELAR04A03M4G.

Second, go to Interfaces > Mobile and make sure service mode isn't set to 3G only or that any frequency bands are locked in place. (I recommend using automatic settings, or if you can't avoid that - lock everything on 4G spectrum.)

Lastly, check your antennas if they're screwed in tightly and that you're having a proper signal for 4G connectivity.

If nothing helps, try resetting your router to default factory settings.

Sometimes APN could also be a problem, so setting it to Auto instead of Manual could do the trick too.

EB.