FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
327 views 0 comments
by anonymous
I have a GH 4000  GPS tracker. I have update to firmware vers.1.3.66 ( but i cannot update with firmware version 1.3.71 because it does not complete the procedure indicating problem with the modem ).NOT compatible?

I installed several 4G technology SIM cards  but i found that  they work abnormally ( Sim Card ILIAD does not receive phone call but actives the automatic secretary answering. Sim Card TIM is unreachable, sim card WIND is unreachable: all these sim cards, when interrogated, do not send the SMS of the position).The GH 4000 works only with an old sim card TIM 128K then 2G technology. So i would like to know if the GSM module (TM11Q) installed inside GH 4000 is only compatible with Sim Cards 2G technology or even USIM or with 4G sim cars with GPRS traffic usable? I noticed that even if it works with the old sim card TIM 2G:with the SPY function it receives the call, immediately closes the call,and recalls the calling telephone contact:in this way it scales the credit of the sim used by the GH 4000. But the GH 4000 shouldn't only receive both with the SPY or CALL function? The credit of the sim card used by GH4000 has optimized credit to be used exclusively with SMS and I do not need it to be wasted with the use of voice of the GH4000 with the function of caller.

Another anomaly is due to fact that while setting only the SMS functions and only the SPY function ( disable all the GPRS functions in which I have not set any APN IP address and ports because at the moment i have not found a real time position monitor service). I noticed that for 2 occasions the credit from the Sim card used inside to GH 4000 had a debit.By checking the consumption history of the Sim card, i foound that these two charges cost 4 + 4 euros for data traffic of 528 Kb in the first episode and only 58 Kb on the second occasion( the sim card has fixed rate of 4 euro for day regardless of the amount of data transmitter or received).This led me to remove the sim card and not used the GH4000. I can't understand why because even if i have no function enable for GPRS traffic, i have found these 2 charges. Could it be that the time update  function located in the DATE AND TIME menù is activated automatically and connects the GH4000 to an NTP server and therefore there is data traffic? Thank's for the answering my questions and excuse me for a this long post

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello ,

For the GPS related queries please post here :

https://community.teltonika-gps.com/

Regards,

Ahmed