FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
180 views 2 comments
by
I everyone!

Can someone help me to find the best option for this...:

With my RUT240 router I want to realize the following architecture:

- WAN access with 4g mobile

- One LAN port + WLAN for my LAN devices (192.168.1.0/24)

- Second LAN port to be wire to another network (192.168.2.0/24) on which I have no control. This network has a DHCP server running and send 255.255.255.255 broadcast UDP packet that I wand to forward to my LAN devices.

The problem is: I can't find a way to let the broadcast packets of 192.168.2.0/24 reaching 192.168.1.0/24 without having my devices getting DHCP leases from unwanted 192.168.2.0/24 network.

I tried using VLANs and firewall rules but didn't managed to make it works. Seems like the RUT240 only have one CPU switch eth0 and the only option is to have a virtual interface to handle this with firewall rules but I can't go further by myself.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Best,
by
Does anyone have an idea to help?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello.

As I understand it, you want to forward broadcast traffic between different subnets. Try creating a static route between networks with adding an option type 'broadcast' line in /etc/config/network using vi /etc/config/network . Then use /etc/init.d/network restart command, connection will be restored in a few seconds. Additional information here and here.

Best regards.

by
Hi Igor,

Thanks for helping. I'm not very used to routing tables but I will try later although I don't think I can distinguish between port number.

My probleme is to separate DHCP request from 255.255.255.255 broadcast to specific port (UDP 4010). I'm not sure I can do this with ipv4 routes.

Best,