FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
168 views 2 comments
by
WLAN hangs, i.e. devices can not anymore connect and finally throws every device out. This happens towards at the end of the working day if there has been an intense use of WLAN e.g. Teams meetings for the full day. Updated to latest firmware, no change to behaviour. Only WLAN stack has problems, wired etherenet works fine.

To reset the modem I have a ping reboot to a wlan connected device - but of course about 2 minutes are lost.

Any suggestions where to look into to fix this ?

Also if its possible to ping reboot only the WLAN stack would be helpful as wired ethernet connections are not affected ?

Thanks in advance !

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you give more info about this:

1. By WLAN you mean your wireless AP? Or are you connected to other devices in station mode?

2. Which is your main WAN? You're using a WAN cable or mobile connection?

3. Have you tried any other activities that are less "stressful" on the device? You said that it reproduces only when it's a full day of some kind of work-related traffic? I need to know is it possible to reproduce this without doing something specific.

4. Are you sure your operator (or anything that you're getting internet from) is stable? Maybe there were issues like that with other devices too?

5. Lastly, try resetting your router to default factory settings and leave it like that, try using it as it is, maybe there was something in your configuration that did this.

EB.
by
1. All wireless AP:s stop working, I have 3 different

2. Main WAN is LTE mobile with a fixed line load sharing to another modem with 3G mobile connection.

3. This happens only during workdays when active use of wlan by using Teams is more intense. During weekends we mainly use fixed cable ethernet and this does not happen. Saying the above though, we have one Wlan connected Smart TV in use during the weekends but the bandwith is limited by QoS and that is not causing any issues. Only the QoS priority laptop in WLAN is causing this behaviour. The laptop itself works fine with other modem.

4. I am sure that internet operator is not the cause as the fixed ethernet connection to modem works and routes to internet. Its only WLAN that drops out.

5. Unfortunately I can not leave the modem to factory settings as then I would not be able to use the modem. E.g. need different AP:s VLAN:s and QoS to ensure a proper remote working environment.
by anonymous

By the end of the day, could I ask you to download the troubleshoot file when you encounter the issue? 

You can download it from System > Administration > Troubleshoot and next to Troubleshoot file click Download.

EB.