FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,150 views 1 comments
by
I have a RUT955 with RS485 running Modbus.    I was trying to close down the firewall so that the port 502 was no longer available on the public IP and only available over VPN.    I've noticed that if WAN is enabled on the RS485 part of the GUI then you cannot see it in the Firewall settings.    Is this correct please?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

By default ports like 502 is closed in router. So there is no need to add rules in firewall to close it.

If you want that only VPN interface can reach your RS485, configure "Allow IP" in Services -> RS232/RS485 -> RS485. These rules will not be visible in firewall WebUI window, but additional rules in iptables is added to control this traffic.
Best answer
by anonymous
thank you, that explains what is going on.  As a comment, it would be less confusing on future versions of the gui if these firewall rules were visible.