FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,181 views 8 comments
by
Hi,

I have around 60 routers that are dotted all over the UK. All on the three network and all have a public IP address. I am trying to ping certain routers but cant get a reply off them even though I can sign in using HTTP access.

Ive checked every option I can find but cant work out why some work and some dont.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

G
by anonymous

Hi,

Did you solve the problem?

I have a RUT955 running the latest firmware RUT9XX_R_00.06.07.5 and I can not ping remotely, even though I have enabled remote sessions, allowed ping and configured the firewall. I can ping from RUT to the internet but not the other way around.

Any suggestions pls?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could it be that they use dynamic public IP addresses? As I can't imagine why ping wouldn't go through (unless someone touched the firewall and set ICMP firewall rule to reject the pings).

I would suggest:

1. Check if your public IP address is the same.

2. Go to the firewall and check ICMP traffic rule (Allow-Ping) if it's not set to reject.

3. Restart the router remotely and see if ping comes through after restart.

EB.
by

Hi thanks for reply.

All that is fine. Im pinging the IP address and the settings are set to accept. Still nothing. :(

by anonymous
And router reboot? Did you try that too?

EB.
by
Hi,

Yes sorry, Also see my revision to previous post.

Thanks

G
by anonymous
Is there any possible way you could check if the same SIM card works normally in another cellular device?

EB.
by

Thats the one thing I cant do im afraid. I can ping outwardly tho?

by
I can ping from b - a but not a -b
by anonymous
If you're not able to ping from Device A to Device B, can you try pinging from Device B to Device A and see if it goes through? Once it's through, try again Device A > Device B.