FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
367 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi All

I am looking for an easy way to remote access a device connected on the Lan port via IP address. I would like to do this if the router is connected to the internet via sim card or wan port.

In the past I have used a dynamic dns with port forwarding and this worked quite well except that it could not be used if the router was connected to the internet via the wan port to my knowledge.

I would also like it to be secure.

Not sure if there is a way to use VPN to do this?

Thanks in advanced for the help.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

DDNS should work with WAN connection too, just use Public as IP Address source and Wired as your Network.

If you want other alternatives to reach your devices behind LAN, you can try using VPN (ZeroTier would be my suggestion as it is easy to configure and to use).

Also, if your devices in LAN have some kind of HTTP interface and you want to control it when you're outside the local network - you can use our RMS platform, it will let you reach any LAN device and its user interface. Additionally, you will get access to your router without public IP and have its information gathered in the RMS platform too.

EB.
by anonymous

Thank you very much for your reply. Thank you very much for your reply. What would you set the network to be be able to use WAN and Mobile with DDNS?I see there are multiple options but none for both.