FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
676 views 4 comments
by
I am trying to connect TRB140 and Raspberry PI in bridge mode. I need get public IP to Raspberry and access it's various services directly from internet.

When I configured TRB140 in bridge mode (skip wizard and configure bridge mode), Windows computer gets public IP. But When I connect Raspberry, it will get ip address 192.168.2.xxx.
--> When I configure passthrough mode, Windows computer gets public IP and Raspberry gets 169.254.xxx.xxx

I have configured dozens of TRB140s and Raspberries with older firmware (over a year ago) What I am missing?

Firmware: TRB1_R_00.02.05.2
by anonymous

Thank you updateseo414 for your excellent service contextual backlinks tradition

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like to ask when you configure bridge/passthrough mode  (Network > Interfaces > mob1sa1) did you set the correct raspberry PI MAC address?

Also, I think that Raspberry must be connected directly to TRB to work in bridge/passthrough mode.

Regards.

by
I leave MAC address empty --> the first device will get IP from bridged network (if I am right?)
by anonymous
In this case, I think your PC gets that IP. To avoid any errors it is better to specify the MAC address of the preferred device.
by anonymous

I did everything, thanks for help.

happy wheels