FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
729 views 5 comments
by
Hello,

I have a TRB140 connectet to my Unifi Security Gateway (USG). If I set the WAN of the USG to DHCP and the TRB140 to Mobile interface to NAT, everything is working fine, but that I do have double NAT and the problem that my VPN Server from the USG and other services due to the double NAT are not available. ( as expected due to double NAT) In this case the USG is getting a IPv4 from the TRB140.

If I set the TRB140 Mobile interface to Bridge and the WAN of the USG still to DHCP, the WAN of the USG is getting the public IPv4 from my LTE provider but is not routing any traffic to my network. Do you can help me in this case?

(This configuration connected to my Laptop is working.)

Regards,

Julian

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

It seems like there's something is needed to be changed within your unify system as the same configuration with your laptop is working just fine.

It is better to look for answers in unify forums in this case.

EB.
by
Hi,
Yes this might be the cause, I think I have read that the USG is only working with VLAN, I have set my draytek vigor 130 to VLAN, and this is working fine, but I could not set the VLAN for the TRB140.

Is it possible to set a VLAN for the TRB140?

But I am not sure if this is the cause but could be something to try.

Thanks

Regards

Julian
by anonymous
Hi,

VLAN functionality is not included in TRB140 feature list.

EB.
by
Hi,

Can this be requested for a further update?

Regards.

Julian
by anonymous
Yes, please comment once you have any new questions about this issue.

EB.
by anonymous
Hello,

Double NAT should not be an issue for the VPN, but on the TRB140 you'll have to forward the port used to the USG (default 4500 for IPSEC, 51820 for wireguard ...) I do that all the time. And the USG should also be able to be configured with untagged VLANs however it seems to be a little limited in this way.

In bridge mode if the USG doesn't route any traffic to your lan it is probably a route and/or firewall issue.

Regards,