7141 questions

8568 answers

13830 comments

10608 members

0 votes
77 views 2 comments
by
Hi,  Every time my modem (inside my RUTX12) boots up I get LTE-A (dual band) (fast!) for about 1 minute then it drops to LTE (single band, slow).   Is there any reason for this or anything I can do to fix this?  Thank you

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hi,

Please check if you do not have Manual band selection enabled, that could initiate a connection to specific bands that do not support LTE-A. If band selection is auto, the solution could be exactly the opposite - manually select bands that were connected when you had LTE-A (check which bands are selected in Status > Network > Mobile).

EB.
by

Thanks for your reply.  I have tried both Auto band selection and setting it to Manual for the two bands  (3 and 20) that EE use in the UK for aggregation.   In both cases, when I click 'Restart Modem', the modem re-initializes briefly before showing dual bands BAND 3 and BAND 20, then less than a minute later it falls to SINGLE on Band 3 and remains there until I restart the modem again.   The signal strength is not very great (pasting it below), my hunch is that I need an external antenna so I have ordered a Pontying Xpol-2 directional antenna, do you think this will help?  Anything else to experiment?  Many thanks for your reply

Signal strength
-71 dBm
Carrier Aggregation
Single
Connected band
LTE BAND 3
RSRP
-105 dBm
RSRQ
-13 dB
SINR
2.7 dB

by
It isn't really bad, though RSRP value is quite low so that could be the issue. I believe the antenna will help you, please keep us updated on your situation.

EB.