FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
267 views 3 comments
by
Hi,  Every time my modem (inside my RUTX12) boots up I get LTE-A (dual band) (fast!) for about 1 minute then it drops to LTE (single band, slow).   Is there any reason for this or anything I can do to fix this?  Thank you

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Please check if you do not have Manual band selection enabled, that could initiate a connection to specific bands that do not support LTE-A. If band selection is auto, the solution could be exactly the opposite - manually select bands that were connected when you had LTE-A (check which bands are selected in Status > Network > Mobile).

EB.
by

Thanks for your reply.  I have tried both Auto band selection and setting it to Manual for the two bands  (3 and 20) that EE use in the UK for aggregation.   In both cases, when I click 'Restart Modem', the modem re-initializes briefly before showing dual bands BAND 3 and BAND 20, then less than a minute later it falls to SINGLE on Band 3 and remains there until I restart the modem again.   The signal strength is not very great (pasting it below), my hunch is that I need an external antenna so I have ordered a Pontying Xpol-2 directional antenna, do you think this will help?  Anything else to experiment?  Many thanks for your reply

Signal strength
-71 dBm
Carrier Aggregation
Single
Connected band
LTE BAND 3
RSRP
-105 dBm
RSRQ
-13 dB
SINR
2.7 dB

by anonymous
It isn't really bad, though RSRP value is quite low so that could be the issue. I believe the antenna will help you, please keep us updated on your situation.

EB.
by anonymous
Hello, I have the same problem on my rutx11. (last firmware 00.07.04.01) I set manual B3 and B7 together, for my ISP in Italy and he plays dual bands for one or two minutes and after this period he comes back on single band (sometime B3 sometime B7) . I have a very good signal strenght  on both bands and good RSRP and SINR. They are very similar.

But when they works together (dual bands) the speed test is very fast ! More fast then single band.

Any idea ?

Thank you

Fabio