FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
209 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I have seen a lot of issues regarding backup and restore and no documentation what I could find on what will get backed and restored.

I'm using some own scripts called by my own service in init.d. The backup contains my scripts and subfolder under /root but they are not restored or my service in init.d. I then tried to restore new files I generated in /etc... no restore !

Where should I put my files and different certificates to actually backup AND restore them ?

I'm I missing some thing here?

1 Answer

–1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

You can add the absolute file location of your script in file /etc/sysupgrade.conf

After that, your file will be included in the backup archive. Furthermore, the file will remain after the firmware upgrade.

Also, you could add custom scripts to the already downloaded backup archive and upload backup to the router. It will also upload the scripts.

Regards.
by anonymous
That part is done and the folder with the scripts is backup'ed. The problem is that they are not restored to an other device (Bulk config).

I verified that they are in the backupfile.

After some trial and error the only way I get it to restore is if I put the folder under /etc . Then it actually restores the folder from backup.

This can't be right as files and folders are stored in upper overlay and defined in sysupgrade.conf.

This places has been tryed:

/root/agge    - don't restore

/agge           - don't restore

/etc/agge     - restores