FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
292 views 4 comments
by
Hello,

I have a RUTX09 and would like to power cycle a device in the USB port. Is this possible and if so, how can I do it?

I note that using 'echo 0 >  /sys/class/gpio/gpioX' is a typical way, but I do not know the gpio mapping for the USB port.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Update your opkg and install this package:

opkg update

opkg install hub-ctrl

Then use command to turn off the power of the USB:

hub-ctrl -h 0 -P 2 -p 0

EB.

by
Hi, thanks very much for the answer.

I am familiar with this took and I tried this but it didn't work (though it did not give me an error). I also tried using different values but it wouldn't work.

Maybe the RUTX does not have the hardware to switch power?
by anonymous

Try connecting something chargeable through the USB port of the RUTX and then enter these commands one by one and see which one stops the charging.

hub-ctrl -h 0 -P 1 -p 0

hub-ctrl -h 0 -P 2 -p 0

hub-ctrl -h 0 -P 3 -p 0

hub-ctrl -h 0 -P 4 -p 0

EB.

by
Thanks for your additional help.

I have tried the above commands (and combinations of others) without sucess.

I have tried addressing by BUSNUM/DEVNUM and using -P 1 without sucess. The commands don't error, but they don't switch off my load.

hub-ctrl identifies the hub as 'individual power switching' capable but given the commands don't work I'm guessing the required electronics are not present...
by
Hello,

Has anyone else been able to switch power to the USB port on the RUTX09? I would like to know if this error is unique to my unit.

Can RUTX09 switch USB power??

Thanks