FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,044 views 2 comments
by
Hi,

can I factory reset my RUT950 and after that set my APN through UCI SMS commands?

//klaus

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Yes, you can do that.

1. To reset your router to factory default settings, send "<router's password> restore" SMS command to the router (e.g. "admin01 restore". Just take note that you have to use current router's password).

2. To set APN via SMS, you can use two different SMS commands:

• "cellular" SMS command. This requires only single SMS message to be send to the router. Command example: "admin01 cellular apn=new_apn"
  • UCI commands:
    • "admin01 uci set network.ppp.apn='new_apn'"
    • "admin01 uci commit"
    • "admin01 reboot"       (router msut be rebooted in order to start using new APN)
by
Thank you! The problem is that the "reboot" and "restore" commands doesn't work with the version 00.05.03.4. The cellular command doesn't work either. When I send the command admin01 uci get network.ppp.apn to the router I get the answer "network.ppp,apn=Value not found".

//klaus
by anonymous

Hello,

Unfortunately, in such case router must be configured locally (by connecting computer directly to the router).

We are sorry for the inconveniences you have encountered with this firmware version.