FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
237 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Latest firmwares 1.13.1 and 1.13.2 for RUT240 does not restore backup correct. I razed this issue earlyer but no response to my reply on that matter 

To replicate the bug:

Add the following lines to /etc/sysupgrade.conf

/root/backup_test 
/backup_test_root
/etc/backup_test_etc

Create the folders and create some files in them. Reboot the router. Create a backup from webui Luci. 

Check the downloaded backup file. As seen the backup file includes the created folders and files   

Do a factory reset on the router. Set a password and restore the backup. reboot the router

Results:

/root/backup_test  - not restored
/backup_test_root - not restored
/etc/backup_test_etc - restored

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi, sorry for the big delay.

I'll try to replicate this steps and as soon as possible I'll send you our feedback.

Regards.
0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

I made some tests and seems it's a bug. It's already reported to HQ and as soon as possible we'll get a feedback.

Even From the RUT2XX_R_00.01.13 its shown a checksum error before update the file.

Regards.

by anonymous

Hello,

According to R&D feedback, it's not a bug, if you want to move his custom files with backup, store those in /etc/ folder.

Regards.