FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
617 views 2 comments
by

Hi!

I have a RUT 950 in our cabin. It has worked like a charm for more then a month but it has stopped working after what I can see looks like a FW upgrade.

On Jan 30 the status SMS said: WAN IP - 5.243.167.80; Data Connection state - connected; Connection type - LTE; Signal Strength - -61 dBm; New FW available - Yes;

On the Thursday it stopped working.

Since then it has no internet,  I get WAN IP - ; Data Connection state - disconnected; Connection type - LTE; Signal Strength - -65 dBm; New FW available - No;  

What I see it that it seams too have been a FW upgrade done to the router automatically and then it stopped working.

It still answers to Status SMS after a reboot (Set up to reboot twice a week) so it has connection to the network and are alive.

I have checked with the operator (Tele2) and there are no issues with the SIM or network in this area.

I have unfortunately 460km to drive to get to it so I can´t get any logs out of it….

What can I do? Can I do anything from here?

It is pretty annoying since this is why I bought the Teltonika router to not have issues like this!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Do you know what firmware you've installed on your RUT950 and what firmware there was before updating?

I would recommend trying resetting your device, as the firmware upgrade might be updated to the firmware where something changed within settings.

After that, with UCI commands you should be able to restore old settings like APN, manual bands, or anything that you've had before.

But first, try resetting everything and let me know the firmware of the device which is installed right now.

EB.
by
Thanks! I guess that is what I need to do but it is hard to do 460km away from the device... Or can I connect to it remotely in any way?
by anonymous

With SMS utilities you don't need to travel that far, just send SMS: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT950_SMS_Utilities#Restore_to_default

<yourpassword> restore

After that if status will say it's still disconnected I'll lead you through the process how to set-up APN with UCI.

EB.