FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
407 views 6 comments
by

I have a RUT240 router which is in a remote location uploading webcam images.

The images are uploading fine, so the router does have a public IP and an internet connection.

However it does not connect to RMS - the status by SMS says:

Monitoring - enabled; Connection state - Connection closed; Serial number - xxxxxxxxx; LAN MAC - xxxxx;

Any ideas?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Did you make sure that you have a spare credit in RMS and you've registered the right device (check serial number and MAC if they really match).

Also, check if everything is enabled next to your registered device in RMS | Services | Management page.

EB.
by anonymous

Thanks EB - yes, Serial number & MAC matches exactly. Have even deregistered the device and re-registered it using the details sent directly from the devices monitoring_status sms.

Unfortunately no luck.

monitoring_status sms still says Connection state - Connection closed.

by anonymous
You said you have public IP on the device? Do you have a remote access enabled on it so you could reach it through IP?

EB.
by anonymous
I do have a public IP address on it - however because I had to reset the device (different issue) it has removed all my port forwarding rules and thus have no access through the public IP.

Any way to set it up through the sms commands?
by anonymous

You should gain back the control with SMS utility text "web", so try sending an SMS:

<adminpassword> web

And you should be able to access your public IP again.

EB.

by anonymous
To do that I'll also have to change the APN (which is what I was hoping to do through RMS).

Any way to change APN through SMS commands?
by anonymous
SMS utility for that would be:

<adminpassword> cellular apn=yourapn

EB.