FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,315 views 2 comments
by
Briefly: RUT955 installed in our motorhome. Connected to the mobile network via a Vodafone unlimited data only sim. Getting great speeds and connection. Even though I've read various comments on forums about VOIP not working on 4G I have been assured by Vodafone it will work. I AM able to connect a FEMTO box with the UK 'Three' network successfully which suggests to me VOIP is not restricted on this data contract. It also works when I use my home broadband wifi as the WAN.

When I try to connect my wife's business Polycom VVX410 phone to the RUT955 via either 4G or my home wifi it does it's usual boot and then says 'DHCP Failed'. Ask me to fly a Boeing 787 for you, I'm your guy, but I have no idea about this sort of thing! Can anyone out there walk me through resolving this?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

For the issue, you are having could you check what port you inserted the LAN cable to the phone you must insert it in the LAN port of the IP phone. The connection must be RUT955 LAN 1 to 3 (Select 1) to the LAN  port of the IP phone.

https://help2.ena.com/images/thumb/7/7c/VVX_500_600_connect_to_LAN.jpg/350px-VVX_500_600_connect_to_LAN.jpg

If the issue still persists let me know.

Regards,
Jerome
by
Thanks Jerome,

So simple! I had it plugged into LAN 2, the same port the FEMTO box worked successfully on. Now plugged into LAN 1 and hey presto! Out of interest, any reason why LAN 1 is preferred? I haven't seen any reference to prioritising a particular port for a specific function?

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Jon
by anonymous

Hello, 

Maybe there is a problem with your LAN 2. Because as a default all LAN 1, LAN 2, and LAN 3 are bridged connections so all 3 of them are going to work in the same way. Maybe you configured something else on the router side? Because I assumed the error here is on the IP Phone side maybe you put the LAN cable to the PC port of the IP Phone, not in the LAN port.  

Glad it worked :) 

Regards,

Jerome