FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
848 views 13 comments
by anonymous
Hello!

I have a problem with reaching connection to my Router RUT950 over VPN. In particular the status of openvpn is disconnected.

The problem started after the uptdate of the firmware from 00.03.832 to 00.06.07.05

Thank you in advance

Nikos
by
thank you for your reply !As far as understand I followed the same process as I did for the previous versions of modems! and I didn't try to hide any IP host is there is any pion in this modem which allow you to hide or show the host/ip address

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Did you upgrade your firmware without saving previous settings? As you're coming from the firmware that low you must reset or update without keeping settings as there could be some configuration mismatches.

Also, please check if the settings you had didn't change in WebUI, it could be that some fields are gone and some of them could look new to you.

EB.
by anonymous
If the configuration is the same, different product modem shouldn't do big difference in this situation. Could you paste the output of the OpenVPN server? It should say what client is missing for connection.

EB.
by
Actually this is the problem. our OpenVPN server cannot reach the client that is created in  the new router.

The log file does not show any coonection with this client
by anonymous
I believe you've filled Remote Host/IP address and you didn't show it because you tried to hide it?

I know it's a stupid question, but if it's not even trying to connect - that would be the reason, no IP filled in.

EB.
by anonymous
Well, as you've created a client interface for your VPN - it must have a destination IP where is it going to connect. So you must fill remote host/IP address with the IP of the OpenVPN server.

EB.
by
I have added the host/IP Address