FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
370 views 2 comments
by
Hi,

we have a chain topology ethernet network that consists of 15 TSW110 nodes and one RUT950.

We are considering closing network into ring.

Is there a possibility to configure ring in such vay that in case of one node failure, "other side" of the ring is automatically used for communication?

Maybe using VLAN or some other method?

Thank you,

Milorad

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

It's pretty unclear for me to understand what are you trying to achieve but maybe it is related to this kind of functionality.
Kindly refer to this link for more information:   RUT950 VRRP configuration - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

If this is not the solution you are looking for may I know what is the full scenario that you want to achieve. Sketching or drawing a network topology will be really good :) 

I hope it helps

Regards,
Jerome

by

Thank you for your response.

This is our network topology. Green are existing connections.

As you can see, in case of failure somewhere in the chain, all devices left of breaking point are inaccessible to the router. 

We are considering blue one. Since the true ring ethernet configuration is in fact forbidden, we are looking for solution to activate blue branch in case of failure.

There is no spanning tree protocol in TSW110, but RUT950 has support for VLAN.

Can we use that feature? Is there better option?

BR, 

Milorad

by anonymous

Hello, 

If you are focusing on having a backup on the blue line VRRP should work. 

RUT950 VRRP configuration - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

The connection scheme will be like this: 

So if the master RUT950 fails it will automatically switch to the slave RUT950. 

I hope it helps

Regards,
Jerome